Monday 13 August 2012

It's been great, but now it's all over!












The Olympics have finished. Didin't we do well! London 2012 was good.All the sceptics are silent now.
Back to normal life. Hubby is going to work today, after a long illness.
I am off on leave and taking the girls on a road trip to pick up my 83 year old mother in law and take her shopping for shoes at a very specific shoe shop!
I have finished knitting a pair of socks, so started these mittens  with this yarn.  It's okay, but splits easily and will pile quickly too I fear.
My garden is tidier because I have spent the last few days in it, first time after all that rain.
My friend Catherine called with the sweet peas from her allotment. They smell delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Makes you proud to be a Brit again after the Olympics and it was a pleasure hearing such good, positive news each night instead of the dreadful stuff that has made everyone so sceptical. Good to see you back in action again Claire. Hope your day is enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete