Tuesday 23 February 2010

Sick child and snowy day

The half term holidays went far too quickly, still, we enjoyed them. Visiting relatives and friends. Looked after two cats and a rabbit for the week and made a trip to Stratford Upon Avon to a craft shop there.
The little purses are made of vintage fabric given to me by my aunt as she no longer crafts as much as she did. Even the zippers are vintage!
This fabric was bought from a new shop just opened in the next town, along with the gingham ribbon and some red thread. I thought I might have a go at redwork at some point and the shopowner recomended the thread.

This is the bag it all came in, the shop is called Decorative Cloth, and I can't wait to go back and enjoy browsing again, we really lack fabric and yarn shops in this area I hope it succeeds.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like some good purchases there Claire. Like the vintage fabrics and there is a lot of lovely redwork for inspiration out there. Can't wait to see what you do. Hope the sick child is on the mend. Spring will soon be here and an end to the cold and snow.
    Shirley.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire,
    Sorry to hear one of the girls is sick--I hope she is feeling better soon.
    The pouches are wonderful, I love that vintage print. Glad your holiday was good,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete